April 5th, 2016 Election
Town of Washington Island
Municipal Board of Canvassers
As a result of the Election held on Tuesday, April 5, 2016 there were four (4) outstanding absentee ballots not yet returned.
If the Town receives any pending absentee or provisional ballots by Friday, April 8' 2016 at 4:00 p.m.; the Town or Washington Municipal Board of Canvassers will reconvene on Monday, April 11,2016 8:oo a.m., in the Rutledge Room at the Community Center, 910 Main Road, Washington Island, to conduct the canvass.
This meeting is open to the public to observe the canvass process.
Dated: Thursday, April A7, 2A16
Posted: Community Center Bulletin Board (2) ; Baylake Bank; Mann's Store; Bp Gas Station
New Voter ID law info:
To request an absentee ballot click here: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-121-english.
To run for office:
General information for local government candidacy: http://gab.wi.gov/elections-voting/candidates/local
The following links provide you with the necessary forms, to be filed with the Town Clerk.
http://gab.wi.gov/forms/GAB-1 - Registration Statement
http://gab.wi.gov/forms/GAB-162 - Declaration of Candidacy
http://gab.wi.gov/forms/GAB-169 - Nomination paper for nonpartisan office.
Any outstanding absentee/provisional ballots at the close of any given election for the Town of Washington will be posted on the Town of Washington Website at www.washingtonisland-wi.gov under Notices and under Election Information.
- April 2, 2013 - General Election Results
- February 19, 2013 - Local Primary Election Results
- February 19, 2013 - There are 4 outstanding absentee ballots and 0 provisional ballots for the primary election.
- August 14, 2012 - There are 2 outstanding ballots for the primary election
* Due to the new law, citizens are advised to consult with the Town Clerk about Absentee Ballot procedures