Town of Washington
BOARD OF REVIEW
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
3:00 PM (must be in session a minimum of 2 hours)
Rutledge Room in the Community Center
910 Main Road
Washington Island, WI 54246
1. Call Board of Review to order.
2. Roll Call
3. Confirmation of appropriate Board of Review and Open Meetings Notices.
4. Select a Chairperson for Board of Review
5. Select a Vice-Chairperson for Board of Review
6. Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements.
7. Verify that the Town has an ordinance for confidentiality of income and expenses information provided to the assessor under state law (sec. 70.47(7)(af).
8. Review the new laws.
9. Adoption of policy regarding the procedure for sworn telephone testimony and sworn written testimony.
10. Adoption of policy regarding the procedure for waiver of Board of Review hearing requests.
11. Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s office.
12. Receipt of the Assessment Roll by clerk from the Assessor
13. Receive the Assessment Roll and sworn statements from the clerk
14. Review the Assessment Roll and Perform Statutory Duties:
Examine the roll,
Correct description or calculation errors,
Add omitted property, and
Eliminate double assessed property.
15. Discussion/Action – Certify all corrections of error under state law (sec. 70.43, Wis. Stats.).
16. Discussion/Action – Verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
17. Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data.
18. During the first two hours, consideration of:
Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause,
Requests for waiver of the BOR hearing allowing the property owner an appeal directly to circuit court,
Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement,
Subpoena requests, and
Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
19. Review Notices of Intent to File Objection.
20. Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date.
21. Consider/act on scheduling additional Board of Review Date(s).
22. Adjourn (to future date if necessary).
Town of Washington, Clerk/Treasurer